Date of the Event
20th January 2018
Chandni Banquet Hall
Toronto, ON M1X0C1
Giving the next generation, role models that show it is possible to have a sense of status, achievement and success by conducting one-self in a manner that is inspirational.
Recognizing Sri Lankan women who have excelled in their careers, professions and businesses in Canada; and thereby pave the way to further promoting their businesses and practices amongst all Canadian Sri Lankans and other communities. And help build a reputation among women of Sri Lankan origin who are successful in Canada by giving them greater visibility in the market place through the WIM awards.
- Nominee should be a Sri Lankan origin
- You are not an employee of WIM or a judge on the Awards Committee
- If competing for individual categories on career and business you must at least being in a position not less than 36 months or operating your business for at least for 36 months
Please be informed the criteria mentioned here is general but when the Judges will be screening the applicant it will be done in accordance with checking the references, profile information and set of competencies applying for each categories.
- Clear explanation of achievements
- Clearly explained initiatives taken towards achieving personal objectives and career objectives
- Leadership & inter-personal Skills
- Future Goals and Future Plans
- Contribution to society, community, family and related participatory activities
- Innovation & Creativity
- If you win an Award explain your plans to develop women leadership
How do I Apply
- Read the specified qualification criteria carefully
- Carefully decide if you intend applying either under the Career, Achievements or Others
- Identify your performance against each point. It is important to note that businesswomen do not need to answer questions against the ‘Performance Criteria-Professional Women’ and professional women do not need to answer questions against the ‘Performance Criteria for Business Women’
- Please note that the assessors would not be focusing only on success stories alone, they would also focus on instances where the applicants have faced challenges and have successfully overcome them
What I need to Submit
- Duly completed Application form (online) Or down load and email to (Please type the new email ID for Awards)
- Recent CV detailing your current “service profile” (Compulsory)
- Details of 2 non-related referees who have known you in your professional capacity for at least 1 year (Please include their direct contact numbers)
Panel of Judges
A marketer by profession with 20 years’ experience in top multinationals, Rohantha was the 8th Chairman of the Sri Lanka Export Development Board where he served for four years before being appointed as Chairman of the Sri Lanka Tourism Promotions Bureau. Subsequently, Rohantha was the Chairman of Sri Lanka’s largest retail chain – Lanka Sathosa. Today, he serves as President/Group CEO of the diversified international niche property development company Coral Holdings- Sri Lanka and Maldives.
Ms. Dawn Austin
Managing Director of Nidro Supply (Pvt) Ltd and a Director of Nisol Diamonds (Pvt) Ltd.Nidro was a pioneer Exporter of Fresh Fruits and Vegetables from Sri Lanka in the mid-1970s. Dawn Austin has continued her engagement in the field of Exports over the past 40 years’ growing the profile of the range of Sri Lankan Produce, Products and Supply Chain Services. She has held varied positions of responsibility and also extended leadership in several Export related Private-sector Organizations. She has also served on the Board of the Sri Lanka Export Development Board and is currently a member of the Advisory Committee for Agriculture Development and Marketing of the EDB.
Ms. Kasturi Chellaraja Wilson
Kasturi is the Managing Director of the Group’s Logistics and Maritime sectors and she was newly appointed as the Managing Director of the Group’s Pharmaceutical business with effect from 01st April 2016. She is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants, UK and currently serves as Board Member of CIMA, Sri Lanka. She counts for over 27 years’ of managerial experience in multiple industries and functions spanning from auditing, consulting, logistics, leisure and travel. Kasturi joined Hemas in 2002 as the Finance Director of Hemtours (Presently, Diethelm Travel) and in 2005 she was appointed the Head of Shared Services for the Group and subsequently as the Chief Process Officer of the Group in 2007.
Ms. Gowri Rajan
Gowri Rajan is the group executive Director / CMO Asoka Group of Companies possessing over 16 years of experience in the country’s market leaders in the Safety match industry. She created history by being elected as the First Female Governor for Rotary Sri Lanka and Maldives. Gowri was instrumental in setting up the first ever human heart valve Bank in Sri Lanka and implementing humanitarian worth overRs 3.5 billion across the country .
IFC – will check
Mr. Kumar Samarasinghe
Joined Singer (Sri Lanka) PLC as a Trainee District Manager and rise up the ladder in the company. He joined the Board of Singer (Sri Lanka) PLC on 14th February 2011. He is currently the Director Marketing of Singer (Sri Lanka) PLC. He is a Winner of the President Club for Singer Worldwide (Once in life time Achievements)
- Human Resources
- Banking & Finance
- Information Technology
- State & Government Sector
- Media & Communication
- Hotel & Hospitality
- Upcoming young women leader
- Outstanding Woman Entrepreneur
- Upcoming Woman Entrepreneur (1)
- Upcoming Woman Entrepreneur (2)
- Business Role Model
- Career Role Model
- Woman of the Year
- Best Woman Importer fromSri Lanka
- Best CSR Programme run in Sri Lanka
Nominations are open from 1st November 2017 to 27th November 2017. Apply Now Application form
Women in Management